The Ultimate Apartment Cleaning Checklist For Indianapolis
When it’s time for spring cleaning or your Indianapolis apartment just looks grimy, a detailed cleaning will freshen it up again. It can be easy to get overburdened when trying to do more than you should at one time. In order to make tidying up your unit more manageable, we’ve devised an apartment cleaning checklist for Indianapolis Residents.
Your Indianapolis Apartment Cleaning Checklist For Each Area
Start with these jobs in every room of your unit before taking on specific rooms to be as efficient as possible. Reference this apartment cleaning checklist for Indianapolis to track your progress.
- Eliminate clutter.
- Dust ceilings and any decorative trim.
- Dust places where dust settles like the top of door frames.
- Clean your apartment’s walls and baseboards to remove smudges and stains.
- Remove grime from windows with glass cleaner and a cloth.
- Wipe down, wash, or shake out window products like blinds, shades, and curtains.
- Use disinfecting wipes for doorknobs and high-touch areas.
- Vacuum or mop floors and remove any stains or blemishes.
- Before you put away your duster, get the slats and any hard-to-reach spots of all ceiling fans.
- Take out the trash.
Your Cleaning Checklist for Living Rooms
- Vacuum and spot-clean furniture. You should consider a pet hair attachment or lint roller if pets are present.
- Dust tabletops, bookshelves, and other flat surfaces.
- Dust electronics with a microfiber cloth.
- Revive wood pieces by polishing.
- Sanitize remote controls.
- Make sure essential items like remotes are situated nearby.
Cleaning Checklist for the Dining Room
- Sweep crumbs off your surfaces and address any tacky places.
- Dust chair backs and legs.
- Polish a wood table or use glass-cleaning product on glass surfaces.
- Use a soft duster to remove dust from display shelves with glass or dishware.
Cleaning Checklist for Your Apartment Kitchen
- Give the cabinets a wipe with a cloth dampened with soapy water followed by a clean damp cloth].
- Wipe off counters with the right cleaning solution for the counter material or you can treat with white vinegar.
- Wash out sinks with a paste of baking soda and water. Some baking soda down the garbage disposal will help deodorize it. Wash it away with water after it’s had time to work for 5-10 minutes.
- Turn on the dishwasher with a container of vinegar inside. Then wipe out the unit with a clean rag.
- Get a cup of water boiling in the microwave to let the moisture soften hardened food scraps. Clear out the softened material with your choice of damp cloth or sponge.
- Carefully remove and clean stove drip pans in the sink. Spray the stovetop and oven door with an appropriate product or an equal mixture of water and white vinegar and remove remaining stains and food debris.
- Act in accordance with the self-cleaning instructions for your oven or simply use baking soda and water to scrub it out.
- Utilize a food-safe cleaning product or simply spray a water and vinegar mix to wipe off the fridge inside and out; follow with a damp cloth. Then move it and use a broom to sweep the floor.
Cleaning Checklist for Your Bathroom
- Clean your mirror above the sink with an appropriate cleaning product and a soft cloth.
- Wipe down counters with an all-purpose cleaner or vinegar and water on a clean rag.
- Wash off cabinets with some soap and water followed a a clean cloth.
- Scrub the toilet bowl.
- Wipe down the toilet with disinfectant or vinegar.
- Tackle the shower and bathtub with an all-purpose cleaner or vinegar.
Bedroom Cleaning Checklist for Indianapolis
- Tidy up or rearrange your closet.
- Use a duster for shelving and flat surfaces.
- Change and wash the sheets.
- Collect any errant dirty clothes and place them in the hamper or laundry basket.
- Use a broom to dust below the bed.
Discover Your New Home At Riverview Apartments
A clean place to live adds to your comfort, but there are times when you need a new apartment altogether. Explore the roomy, well-appointed apartments at Riverview Apartments. Reach out to our leasing specialists at 317-751-4053 or request a tour to get started.