There is much to think about when you move to a new apartment home in Indianapolis. Having a handy guide at your side will help things go more smoothly. It helps you document each important job, manage your time, and feel less overwhelmed. To help make your future moves more stress-free, we’ve put together these essential tasks for your apartment moving checklist in Indianapolis.
8 Weeks Prior To Your Move: Time to Prepare
Don’t procrastinate! Your moving day will feel less hectic the earlier you prepare.
- Plan your steps. Use these ideas to begin your Indianapolis apartment moving checklist and keep adding jobs to it when you remember something else.
- Reach out to your present property management team. The majority of contracts call for a 60-day notice before moving out.
- Understand your exiting requirements, which may include repairing damage, cleaning, and scheduling a walk-through. Add those tasks to your checklist.
6 Weeks Prior To Relocating: Plan Your Moving Day
This is the week to figure out the logistics for the day of your move and arrange the help you need.
- Settle any loose ends concerning your new apartment property in Indianapolis. Confirm the date of your arrival, make sure you understand the requirements for new tenants, and complete any documents that still need to be signed.
- Hire a moving company or rent a truck. Reserve as soon as possible so that your requested moving date can be accommodated.
- Make babysitting or pet-sitting plans for the day of your move to ensure the safety of children and pets.
2-4 Weeks Before Moving Day: Pack
Packing well in advance will keep things more manageable as your day approaches. Assign your possessions into one of these classifications: save, donations, or throw away.
- Gather packing materials and boxes.
- Box up things you won’t need right away and getting rid of unwanted items. Remind yourself to use labels!
- Address any issues that are your responsibility in your previous residence to get your deposit back.
- Amend your renter’s insurance for your new address.
- Complete a change of address form and arrange for the forwarding of your mail by the postal service.
- Request the shifting of your utility services or create new accounts for gas, electricity, internet, etc.
- Update your employer, financial institutions, and others of your change of address.
- Discover where the most convenient dining, shopping, healthcare facilities, and entertainment options are in your new neighborhood.
1 Week Before Moving Day: Finalize Plans
Your last week is sure to be a little hectic but thrilling as you finalize moving day plans.
- Confirm your moving service or truck rental and provide directions when your day arrives.
- Finish packing. Set aside a small piece of luggage for the initial nights in your new apartment, and find a safe way to pack precious items or personal effects like passports to keep with you.
- Tidy up your previous apartment while you finish packing. .
- Get your new keys and make a first pass of your new place. Document and report all maintenance concerns.
- Visualize where your couches, tables, and other large pieces will incorporate into your brand new floor plan.
Moving Day: Move!
The wait is over and it's time to move! There will be a lot going on, so it’s wise to have your Indianapolis apartment moving checklist at hand to stay on top of things.
- Send pets or kids with caregivers for the day.
- Work with the movers as they load and unload the vehicle. Tip the movers and make your final payment.
- Do the last walk-through at your prior place.
- Ensure you have utilities up and running along with working smoke detectors.
- Get the essentials laid out at your new home, including bedrooms, eating utensils, and toiletries.
Include a Visit Of Riverview Apartments To Your Apartment Moving Checklist For Indianapolis
You have to find a new apartment before you begin packing. Have you seen Riverview Apartments? Our Leasing Specialists are ready to give you an on-site or virtual tour of our beautiful community and assist you in finding the most suitable floor plan and design for you. Make visiting us part of your checklist and call 317-751-4053 or plan a tour today to see what we have to offer.