You may feel cramped in your Indianapolis apartment sometimes, but don’t permit it to limit your enjoyment of life. You can still have family and friends over and host parties. The trick is to do it on a smaller scale and consider your fellow Residents. You never want to be the individual the entire building dislikes for being too noisy. Use our suggestions for how to host a party in a small apartment in Indianapolis, and you can still be the excellent party-thrower you desire to be.
How To Host Parties In A Small Apartment In Indianapolis
Don't let your small Indianapolis apartment prevent you from hosting. Take a look at our recommendations for optimizing square footage and keeping the gathering simple but fun.
- Keep The RSVP List Within Reason: Unless you reside in an overly roomy apartment, it’s smart to keep your get-togethers modest. Only invite as many friends as you have places to sit around your dinner table or inside your family room. You can skirt this rule a bit by shifting furniture around and incorporating additional options with ottomans and folding chairs. But don’t cram so many guests in that you spill out into the common areas of your building, disturbing your neighbors.
- Crack Windows To Keep Your Apartment From Getting A Bit Stuffy: Too many guests in a small area is likely to make your apartment a bit stifling, so open a couple windows. Even better, place seats and decorative hanging lights within your outdoor space and invite friends to get some fresh air as well.
- Design Space-Appropriate Forms Of Entertainment: Elaborate party games that make sense for larger spaces might not work as well in a smaller apartment, so go with board games or cards. Or, as an alternative to a dance party, have a cozy movie party.
- Consider The Community Spaces: If you need extra square footage, you may also ask| the property manager about getting access to your community’s amenities such as a room or area within the clubhouse. Make sure to ask about rules and restrictions first.
How To Keep Your Fellow Residents Content When You Host A Party
When apartment Residents find out there’s a party next door, many groan. Nobody wants their quiet night at home interrupted by someone else’s visitors. You can remain on your neighbors’ good side with these recommendations.
- Instruct Guests About Parking: The majority of Indianapolis apartment properties have rules about parking. Be sure your guests know where they can find spots. They wouldn’t want to have their car towed, and your building’s other occupants wouldn’t want to come home to see all the Resident spots full.
- Monitor Your Noise Level: Since you have common walls with other Residents, you owe them the courtesy of keeping noise to a minimum. Keep the volume of your stereo or TV down during your party and make sure your friends understand that other building occupants may hear them. It’s also beneficial to steer clear of noisy pastimes, including video games or dancing.
- Finish Up At A Reasonable Time: Neighbors can put up with some extra noise for some time. But when the abundance of folks are going to sleep for the night, it’s wise for you to end the festivities. Nothing is ruder than interrupting others’ sleep. So finish up your parties with quiet time in mind to avoid angry neighbors or complaints about the noise.
Host Your Friends And Family At Riverview Apartments!
With a lovely, sizeable apartment at Riverview Apartments, you’ll have plenty of room for entertaining. We would be thrilled to have you join us, so dial 317-751-4053 or request a tour today and get a better idea of why our Residents enjoy calling Riverview Apartments home!