How To Create A Home Office In A Small Apartment In Indianapolis
Remote work is the new way of life for numerous people, no matter if you live in a house or a studio apartment. If you find yourself in the latter, you won’t have the advantage of a bonus bedroom to claim as your home office, but you can still create a worthy place to work. Check out these simple tips and discover how to make a home office in a small apartment in Indianapolis.
Small Apartment Home Office Ideas In Indianapolis
- Pick an appropriate desk. Selecting an appropriately sized desk to accommodate your room is vital. If you work with a laptop, the desk only needs to extend from the wall approximately 20 inches. Your work surface is ideally about 28 inches from the floor and could be any width suitable for your space. Be sure you have space for a second monitor. You'll be thankful you have it when you have a spreadsheet up, a conference call going, and various other windows open. Really short on space? Try a two-tier foldable desk you can put away when not in use.
- Where should your desk go? If you can put your desk into a corner, wonderful! But you might need to get more innovative when arranging. A slim desk may be moved directly behind a couch. You could incorporate a small area rug and desk lamp to designate the spot as your home office. An empty wall within your room will also work. Hang some pictures or incorporate some plantlife so you aren’t looking at an unadorned wall throughout the day.
- Let your desk play multiple roles. If you’re tight on space, employ your desk for multiple functions. Put it beside your bed and let it serve as a nightstand. Or don’t worry about a desk at all and work at your dining room table or kitchen bar.
- Use floating shelves. These home office space savers work perfectly when your desk faces a wall. You’ll have more area for supplies or decor and can easily match shelving to your room’s specific aesthetic.
Want A Change Of Pace? Try Your Apartment’s Clubhouse Or A Standing Desk
Looking for another possibility in your own living quarters? Try a compact standing desk to alter your perspective and improve focus. An affordable laptop stand may help get your computer at the right height.
Here are some additional space-conserving things you can integrate into your small apartment home office in Indianapolis:
- Hanging folders
- Small printer stand that will fit under your desk
- Small storage units that fasten to the your monitor’s lower edge
- Noise-canceling headphones for loud kids and roommates
Fashion Your Home Office In Your New Apartment At Riverview Apartments
Your home office will look wonderful in your new apartment at Riverview Apartments. We have many different floor plans to accommodate your needs for living and working. Request a tour of our Indianapolis community or give us a call at 317-751-4053 if you need more information.