You’re overjoyed your new apartment has its own laundry hookups. No more being forced to wait on others to be finished with the community’s machines or hauling sacks of clothes down to the laundromat. But you’ve noticed one minor concern. Your compact laundry closet has very little space for your detergent and other items. Wondering how to optimize your limited space? Review these straightforward small apartment laundry solutions in Indianapolis.
Recommendations For Optimizing Your Small Apartment Laundry Closet in Indianapolis
When figuring out your list of necessary amenities, a laundry hook-up was placed at the top. But now that it’s a reality, you’re worried about where to keep everything. Even though the area may be cramped, you have the ability to optimize it with the following recommendations:
- Vertical shelving: In tight spaces, you might want to think vertically. A sturdy tall shelving unit is usually a smart idea for a laundry closet or compact laundry room. Despite being only six or so inches wide, you’ll enjoy a good deal of space for your detergents and sprays. You may even have a bit of extra shelving capacity for other household cleaners.
- Storage carts on wheels: You know that little bit of room you have next to your washer or dryer (or perhaps in the middle of them)? You can purchase portable laundry storage carts designed specifically for those spaces. Made about five to six inches wide, these helpful small apartment laundry closet solutions in Indianapolis can slide in just about any location. And they’re ideal for storing your detergent, dryer sheets, stain remover, and other supplies.
- Door-mounted ironing board with iron holder: Remember the ironing board that’s leaning in a corner of your dining room? There’s a better place for it. A door-mounted holder is an ideal, space-optimizing solution. It’s inexpensive, simple to put up, and most are sold with a convenient basket for your iron and spray. Grabbing your ironing board and prepping for a big outing in your new community couldn’t be easier.
- Curtains: Does your little laundry nook not include a door? Some budget-friendly curtains will do the trick to seal the area when it’s not in use. Thanks to a virtually endless number of patterns and colors, you’ll be able to discover curtains that complement your decor. Utilize a pressure-mounted shower curtain rod to hold them up. And when you’re doing laundry and want somewhere to hang clothes, you can probably imagine what you can use?
- Baskets: Metal shelving is a customary feature in laundry areas. While useful, it also has a propensity to make your supplies topple when they’re not positioned perfectly. In lieu of having a jumbled pile of overturned bottles of detergent and stain remover, use baskets. They’ll aid you in keeping things tidy, and they are visually appealing!
Discover A Rental With A Laundry Room In Indianapolis
Now that you have a better idea of how to make the most of your laundry room, it’s time to find an apartment that has one! Riverview Apartments has roomy apartments with the included laundry connections you want. You’ll also find a range of other excellent amenities in this sought-after community. Call 317-751-4053 to talk with a helpful leasing specialist or just schedule a tour to begin.